SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GRADUATE PROGRAM
Cognex invests in talent. One way we do this is through our Software Engineering Graduate Program, a full-time paid opportunity for recent university graduates (BS, MS). This program is designed to train and engage emerging engineering professionals that are interested in a Software Development track. You will learn industrial software development, Cognex products & core technologies and the interpersonal skills needed to advance your career in the fast-paced world of technology.
This program seeks to cultivate highly skilled, productive and committed Cognoids who will help lead Cognex’s future success. Program participants will develop software skills, increase their technical competence and gain application and product knowledge by working on engineering projects. Each candidate hired into the program will be able to make immediate contributions to the business.
Software Development Qualifications:
Cognex is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated engineering candidates with a passion for getting results. Individuals with these characteristics will allow Cognex to develop a successful engineering team and continue to lead the machine vision marketplace.
- High energy and motivated independent learner
- Team player who can work effectively with cross functional teams and willing to take the initiative to address problems without hesitation
- Drives change with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Software development in C/C++, C#, Python, Java Script, or Mobile Apps desired
- Experience with embedded systems, Linux, networking, wireless communications, vision/image-processing all valuable
- Experience with agile methodologies valuable Szabolcsot beír
Education and Experience Required:
Open to Undergraduate Seniors or Masters’ students graduating in February or June 2020 [Program start date: March or July 2020]
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer, or similar required
- Ability to program in at least one programming language
Our Software Engineering Graduate Program will take up to 18 months, comprised of 4-6 project-based engineering assignments that will each be 3-4 months in duration. The program targets the development of functional, technical, and interpersonal skills. These assignments help our teams determine where graduates will flourish in their full-time position post-program.
- Assignments will be determined based on background, skill set and interests
- The number and length of assignments will fluctuate depending on business need
Product Development Engineering:
Cognex Engineering is responsible for designing and developing the most sophisticated machine vision products in the world. These products combine 2D, 3D and deep learning algorithms with embedded hardware, specialized lighting and optics in configurable smart cameras, dedicated smart sensors and programable PC SDKs. Our customers use these systems to guide robots, automate inspections, identify parts, solve problems and transform industries. Our systems understand images at the rate of hundreds of millions of pixels per second, so the teams need to optimize hardware and software together to create best-in-class technology.
You will work on product development teams, building your toolbox of software development, key technology and customer application knowledge. You will get opportunity to travel to our US headquarters, visit our most important customers, collaborate with our multi-nation development teams, and get exposure to complex and challenging problems involving software and system development and testing!
You will be offered exclusive training throughout the program in many important developmental areas including, but not limited to:
- Introduction to Cognex Corporation
- Cognex culture
- Technical instruction & product overviews
- Use Machine Vision
- Software Engineering
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Application Programming
- Mobile SDK
- Project management
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
In addition to the extensive onsite training, you will be encouraged to pursue advanced degrees by taking advantage of Cognex’s tuition reimbursement program.
If you are interested, please apply here.